2.1. Our principles with respect to your information and your privacy
2.2. The information we collect about you
2.3. How we use your information
2.4. How we share your information
2.6. Your choices with respect to your information
2.7. How to contact us regarding privacy issues
7. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
8. If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavor to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Information we collect about you
9. You don’t need to provide us with any personal data in order to visit the Mash Website. However, our Services require that you register a Mash account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain information:
10. Essential information: When you register a Mash account, you will provide your email address (except when you sign-up with Facebook and don’t give your permission to share it with Mash), your month and year of birth, and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Subscription, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address and payment verification information.
11. Profile information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your Mash public profile:
11.1. your real name
11.2. a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
11.3. the city and country in which you live
11.4. a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
11.5. information about how you categorise yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are an artist, a label or some other category of creator)
11.6. details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles
12. None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time.
13. Information from correspondence: You will provide certain personal data if you contact us by email, use any of the webforms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
14. Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
15. Information that you post: You may provide personal data when you link content to the Services.
16. There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Services, or through the use of web analytics services. This information includes but is not limited to:
16.1. the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Services (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Services)
16.2. the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
16.3. the specific actions that you take on the Services, including the pages that you visit, streaming, narrowcasting, offline usage, uploading content, connecting your Facebook or Google accounts, sharing content with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
16.4. any search terms that you may enter on the Services
16.5. the time, frequency and duration of your use of the Services
16.6. your browser type and operating system
16.7. the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Services, for example, whether you are accessing the Services from a personal computer or from a mobile device and its device-ID
16.8. your location data (e.g. GPS) when using Mash Apps,
16.9. information collected through cookies and similar technology,
16.10. information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
17. Mash allows you to sign up and log in using your Facebook account. If you sign up using Facebook, Facebook will ask your permission to share certain information from your Facebook account with Mash. This includes your first name, last name, email address in order for us to verify your identity and gender, general location, a link to your Facebook profile, your timezone, birthday, profile picture, your "likes" and your list of friends.
19. If you sign up to Mash using Facebook, your Mash account will be connected automatically to your Facebook account, and information regarding your activity on Mash, specifically any new public content that you post on Mash and any new favourites, will be shared with Facebook and will be published in your timeline and your Facebook friends’ newsfeeds. If you signed up using Facebook by mistake, you can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings at any time, or you can email us at email@example.com.
22. If you signed up to Mash using Google+ by mistake, you can delete your account from the account page within your settings at any time, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we use your information
23. To operate and maintain your Mash account, and to provide you with access to the Services that you may request from time to time. Your email address and password are used to identify you when you sign into the Services. Your device-IDs are used to ensure that you are in control of the devices that have access to your Subscription.
24. To identify you as the creator of the Content that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Services.
25. To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
26. To provide you with technical support.
27. To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
28. To provide other users and third parties with data regarding content use behaviors of, i.e. searching and narrowcasting playlists or following their profiles or other users profiles.
30. We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction.
31. Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
32. If you purchase a Subscription, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and renewals and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Mash also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
33. Your email address and or phone number will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications.
34. If you are a Facebook or Google+ user, and one of your Facebook or Google+ friends registers for a Mash account, we may let your friends who already are on Mash know that you joined or will suggest to your Facebook or Google+ friend that you might be someone they may wish to follow on Mash.
35. If you are a Facebook or Google+ user and sign up using Facebook or Google+ , we may also use the information we receive about you from Facebook or Google to suggest or connect you to users that you may wish to follow on Mash. It will be up to you if you choose to follow these users and you can unfollow them at any time.
36. To analyse the use of the Services, and the people visiting the Website and using the Services, in order to improve Mash and customise it to your needs and interests.
39. To customise your use of the Services and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
40. For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal data.
41.1. Other users: Any information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Services, who may view your profile information, listen to and comment on your Content.
41.2. With your consent: We will disclose your information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
41.3. Service providers: We use third parties to provide us with specialised services related to the Services. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us.
41.4. Users of our API: Mash has an open API, which enables application developers to integrate elements of the Services into exciting new apps. Any information that you choose to make public on the Services, including your public profile information and Content, may be accessible to these developers. Please bear this in mind when deciding what information to publish on your profile.
41.5. Other networks and connected apps: If you choose to connect your Mash account to other apps or social networks such as Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, you will be sharing certain information with these apps or networks. In the case of Facebook, Google+, Tumblr or Twitter, any new Content that you post or listen to on Mash will be shared to those networks and will be visible to your followers and friends on those networks. Mash is not responsible for these other apps or networks, so please make sure you only connect your account with apps or services that you trust.
41.6. Advertisers may use third party services to ensure their ads are properly served and to measure the success of their campaigns on websites and apps. We allow these services to collect and use the information for such purposes.
41.7. As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal or consumption data with similar data relating to other users of the Services in order to create statistical information regarding the Services and its use, which we may then commercialise share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any personal information including email addresses or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life. Additionally, none of this information would include your credit card information.
41.8. If required by law: We will disclose your information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
41.9. To protect our interests: We may disclose your information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Services and/or the Mash community.
41.10. In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Mash, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
43. Ads displayed to you are in some cases provided by third parties. These may and as far as allowed by your settings or your device, use information about your visit and interaction with the Services in order to show you personalised ads of products and services that may be of interest to you. Personal information such as your name or email address will not be shared with these.
Access and controls
45. When you sign into the Services, you can access your Settings by clicking on the four lines bottom tab at the top left of the screen.
Deleting your account
47. You can delete your account within the application or by emailing email@example.com.
Access to your data
48. Most of the personal data and other information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of the Mash Services. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal data we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any personal data that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
49. If you ask us to delete your account, we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so
International data transfers
51. Mash is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Services and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such personal data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Last amended: November 2016